About A2AC Art Camps
The Ann Arbor Art Center is pleased to announce that we will be offering in-person Art Camps for the Summer of 2021! There are two different art camps to choose from: Creativity Camp and Clay Camp. Our camps are designed to cultivate cognitive development through hands-on art projects that leverage experimentation, critical thinking, and problem-solving.
Each day, our Creativity Camps are packed with fun and challenging activities that balance learning and play. Campers may experiment with a variety of mediums such as graphite, paint, pastels, charcoal, watercolor, sculptural materials, and more. Although we provide a lot of traditional art instruction, we also encourage campers to take what they’ve learned and apply it to outside-the-box projects.
Our Clay Camp curriculum is designed to teach pottery skills and to encourage the exploration of clay as a material for design, sculpture, and expression. Each week, campers learn to throw on the wheel in the mornings. In the afternoons, campers learn a variety of handbuilding techniques to create stunning sculptures, tiles, or functional items.
Covid-Related Updates to the Camp Program as of February 15, 2021
To ensure the safety of our students and staff, we have modified our 2021 Summer Art Camps in ways that will help mitigate the spread of COVID, and still allow children to have a fantastically fun and creative experience.
- At this time, camp group sizes will be limited to 10 persons or less (including staff and volunteers).
- All students and staff must wear face coverings inside the Art Center and outdoors when social distancing is not possible.
- Social distancing guidelines will be observed.
- Students and camp staff will wash and sanitize hands regularly throughout the day.
- Common areas and frequently touched surfaces will be cleaned regularly.
- Pre-Camp and Post-Camp Care will not be available for Summer 2021.
- Morning drop-off times will be slightly extended- 8:30am-9:00am. Camp pick-up times remain 4:00pm-4:15pm.
- There will not be a Friday art show this year. Camper pick-up will take place at the normal time and the Art Center will post photos from the camp week by Tuesday of the following week.
- View our Covid-Related Cancellations, Missed Days, & Camp Closures Policy
To best respond to evolving and hopefully improving conditions/circumstances related to the pandemic, a full list of Covid policies and program updates will be communicated to parents on June 1st, 2021.
Support for this program received in part from