March 26, 2020
NEWS AND GREETINGS FROM THE ANN ARBOR ART CENTER
Each day we wake up with a unique opportunity to choose: to choose our attitude and how we approach our lives, the people we love, and the world around us. Today, all of us here at the Art Center choose gratitude. We are so grateful for our enthusiastic team of art professionals, our passionate group of supporters, our inspired community of art enthusiasts, and our creative network bursting with emerging and professional artists.
We’re also thankful that the Art Center is healthy and that facing current financial challenges, we have implemented sound fiscal policies, including some short term adjustments to ensure organizational stability. I am confident that we will prevail; this community’s love of the arts has sustained the Art Center for over 100 years and will continue to do so for the next 100 years. We are filled with sincere gratitude, today, tomorrow, and beyond. Thank You.
What we’re up to
For the past two weeks, the Art Center staff has been collaborating to find creative ways to fulfill our mission to bring visual art into your lives. Engaging in the creative process is therapeutic and a unique form of expression that can provide a sense of peace and comfort for many. Our wish for all is that the Art Center can be a source of hope and inspiration as you bravely face each new day.
Marie E. Klopf
So, without further ado, let’s dive into some ART!
Education Spring Term
- We know that many of you are registered for our upcoming spring term classes. Our education team is working hard to push back the start dates of those classes, and we’re connecting with our amazing group of art instructors to make this happen. If you are enrolled in a class, our staff will be in contact soon with more information regarding new class dates for the spring. We miss you all and the hum of a busy creative community in our building!
DIY Art Projects Launching Tuesday, March 31
- Our talented staff of art professionals is hard at work to support parents with children at home. This new resource can be used by individuals or families looking to keep creating while in their homes. These projects keep the focus on everyday household items and supplies and provide unique ideas for art projects.
ArtBoxes Are Coming
- The Ann Arbor Art Center is in the process of partnering with local organizations in Washtenaw County to provide ArtBoxes to underserved youth who may have limited access to art supplies. Boxes will include a variety of items that can be used to create, explore, and participate in distance learning.
ArtNow: Photography – Virtual Exhibition Opening Friday, April 3
- The ArtNow: Photography exhibition is being hung (virtually) now. We will be utilizing a web browser tool to provide an interactive gallery experience for you to engage with from home. To complement the A2AC Virtual Gallery, we are publishing additional web content throughout the run of the show, including artist profiles, video walkthrough with the juror, and exhibition award announcements.
Share Your ART
- Keep your eyes on our social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter) in the coming days — we want to see what you’ve been creating during this time, and we’ll tell you how to do that soon!
Hours of Operation
- The Art Center staff continues to work creatively and virtually. The building will remain closed, and we are so looking forward to seeing you when we can open the doors again. Until then, be sure to visit our online shop to continue supporting our local artists. We are regularly updating that page with new items weekly.
That’s it, signing off for now. Stay positive, stay healthy, and stay tuned!