Summer Art Camps: Covid-19 Update
Dear Camp Parents and Campers,
Thank you for your patience while we have worked through the many details related to this announcement. Closely monitoring federal and state guidelines, it is clear that we must reimagine summer programming. After careful consideration and with the health and safety of our campers as a priority, we have made the difficult decision to cancel in-person Art Camps this summer. More information on your camp payment is listed below.
Please Complete A Form Confirming How to Handle Your Camp Payment
A variety of options are available for currently registered campers:
- Transition a portion of your existing registration to purchase an ArtBox:Summer Camp Edition
- Transition a portion of your enrollment to the purchase of an ArtBox:Summer Camp Edition with the balance of your registration becoming a tax-deductible donation to the Art Center
- Make a tax-deductible donation to the Art Center by donating all, or a portion of, your registration
- Accept a full or partial credit for a future class or camp enrollment
- Request a Full Refund
If you choose to make a donation to the Art Center, or receive a credit of $100 or more on your Art Center account, you will receive first access (one week before the general public) for Summer 2021 Art Camp registration
Due to the high number of camp registrations to be processed, credits and refunds will be managed in three phases and based on the week(s) registered as follows:
Phase 1: Weeks 1-4 starting May 20th
Phase 2: Weeks 5-7 starting June 3rd
Phase 3: Weeks 8-10 starting June 22nd
We sincerely appreciate your cooperation as we continue to work remotely. Processing registrations in this way will provide adequate time to ensure that everyone’s requests are addressed without overwhelming current staff resources. All requests will be processed via an online form. Please be sure to complete this form before your child’s camp weeks are scheduled to be refunded. (For those of you who have reached out via email, you will still need to complete this form)
As a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, helping creativity thrive is a part of our mission and we will miss having our building full of energetic, budding young artists this summer. We are excited to find ways to connect and continue artistic exploration through ArtBox: Summer Camp Edition. Stay tuned as we launch digital learning opportunities for youth, teens, and adults in June, while we continue to explore the possibility of offering small in-person classes.
Our education staff has been hard at work developing creative new ways to deliver visual art programming to our campers this summer. We fully believe that “CREATIVITY cannot be canceled!” Therefore, in lieu of in-person camps, we are happy to announce the launch of ArtBox:Summer Camp Edition!
What is ArtBox: Summer Camp Edition?
ArtBox: Summer Camp Edition is a creative art experience that kids may enjoy from home over the course of what would comprise a 5-day camp week.
- 3 featured art projects and supplies to complete them.
- 2 drawing projects which may use materials from the box and/or materials that are commonly found at home.
- Written and illustrated instructions for all projects.
- 3 virtual art camp sessions from 10:30am-11:30am on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday of the “camp week”. The virtual art camp experience will be hosted on Zoom where campers will have access to live demos, feedback, quick games, and icebreakers. Most importantly, campers will have a fun opportunity to connect with each other and showcase their work.
- Flexibility is built into our projects, materials, and interactive sessions. We recognize that each child has different interests, skill levels, and works at their own pace. Our structure allows for all of this and kids should expect to spend time outside of the interactive sessions to complete their projects over the course of the 5-day week.
For those parents or children who prefer less screen time or have limited internet access, written project instructions are included with every box.
Registration for the first ArtBox is OPEN NOW!
A total of six unique ArtBoxes are planned and will be available online throughout the summer. The first box is available online now and the next five Camp ArtBoxes and their respective virtual camp sessions will be posted on our website and available for registration beginning Wednesday, June 3rd. If you were awarded a camp scholarship this summer, please email Chelsea O’Hayer at email@example.com to see how to apply your summer scholarship to ArtBox: Summer Camp Edition.