Taking over the Art Center's building: POP•IN
Pop-up, one night only, expressions of creativity by local artists
This POP-IN is curated by and in partnership with the Intermitten conference, where influential leaders reveal how harnessing creativity transforms industries
Thursday, June 8
6:00 pm to 9:00 pm
Injecting the Art Center with a spirit of pop-up culture and by collaborating with diverse artists, we aim to attract intrepid young adults looking to explore and be excited by a city. Community members who attend POP•IN will be immersed in unusual, accessible experiences, whether they planned to attend the event or wandered in off the street.
This year's participating artists are:
- Music from Bill Van Loo, Jason Engling, and Joe Bauer
- Free floral mask-making workshop with Lisa Waud from pot & box
- Oliver Uberti will have large-scale pieces from his newest book Where the Animals Go: Tracking Wildlife with Technology in 50 Maps and Graphics
- Demo the app, Spellbound
- Read the poetry of Tariq Luthun
- Hear about Marty Shea's newest film - Train Station
- Screen Rik Cordero's music videos and technology reels
- Learn about the collaborative project of Linette Lao, Thea A. Eck, and Seth Petty
In partnership with Intermitten: A celebration and exploration of how creativity in both art and technology helps us add value to our home, work, and global communities. Thursday, June 8th and Friday, June 9th . Learn more about Intermitten.