About Creativity Camp
Each day, our Creativity Camps are packed with fun and challenging activities that balance learning and play. Campers may experiment with a variety of mediums such as graphite, paint, pastels, charcoal, watercolor, sculptural materials, and more. Although we provide a lot of traditional art instruction, we also encourage campers to take what they’ve learned and apply it to outside-the-box projects.
Please note that creativity camp sessions do not use clay that is fired in a kiln and they do not throw on the pottery wheel.
Creativity Camp runs from 9:00 am – 4:00 pm, Monday thru Friday
Drop-off Time | 8:45 am – 9:00 am
Pick-up Time | 4:00 pm – 4:15 pm
Creativity Camp is for children ages 5-12 years old.
Children are divided into the following groups: Ages 5-7, Ages 8-9, Ages 10-12.
Please note: we do not make exceptions to the minimum age required to be in a given group.
Creativity Camp Tuition: $405/week
SPRING BREAK: CREATIVITY CAMP
MARCH 28 – APRIL 1
At camp, there is never a dull moment. Join us as we get a little crazy and find some exciting and unusual ways to express our creativity! There’s no telling what will happen this week as we think big and:
- Make a wildly silly, over-the-top costume item.
- Create a mind-blowing optical illusion.
- Design a fantastical, imaginary world inspired by artwork found in our favorite books and movies.
WEEK 1: CREATIVITY CAMP
JUNE 20 – JUNE 24
Do you love all creatures great and small?! Take a walk on the wild side and join us as we create a series of art projects inspired by the world’s most amazing birds, mammals, reptiles, insects, and amphibians. Campers will:
- Use patterns, colors, and shapes found in wild creatures in their art work.
- Create a sculpture of an animal using found objects and basic forms.
- Zoom-in and draw a detailed close-up of an animal eye.
- Use printmaking techniques and work together to create a gigantic swarm, herd, or flock of animals that manifests somewhere inside or around the perimeter of the Art Center.
WEEK 2: CREATIVITY CAMP
JUNE 27 – JULY 1
Let your imagination run wild as we explore the animal Buckle your seatbelts and prepare for an explosion of color! Learn new ways to use color in the form of paint, pastels, and more to create spectacular works of art. We can’t wait to see the studio walls covered with exciting, eye-catching artwork this week as campers:
- Experiment with colorful polymer clay.
- Collaborate as a group to construct a stunning, large-scale, colorful work of art.
- Learn all about color schemes, color gradients, tints, hues and more!
WEEK 3: CREATIVITY CAMP
JULY 5 – JULY 8
Let loose your imagination and master the art of monster-making and fantastical creature design! Learn how to create exciting and believable creatures using a variety of different mediums. Campers will:
- Design a frightening or friendly monster mask.
- Work together to make a zoo of rare or unique magical creatures.
- Make a monster that pops out of something to surprise the viewer.
*Due to the holiday, this is a 4-day camp week. There will be no camp on Monday, July 4th.
WEEK 4: CREATIVITY CAMP
JULY 11 – JULY 15
What would the world look like if you were the size of a bug? How do you make something big look small and something small look big? Get ready to experiment with scale and perspective! This week will truly be larger than life as campers:
- Sculpt a giant version of something that is normally very small.
- Create a drawing where a portion of the drawing is magnified.
- Make a miniature version of their “perfect meal”- don’t forget dessert!
WEEK 5: CREATIVITY CAMP
JULY 18 – JULY 22
Prepare for an explosion of color! Learn new ways to use color We’re positively glowing with excitement as we experiment with light! Learn how to use and manipulate natural light in artwork, create the illusion of light in drawings, add LED lights to a project, and more! Campers will:
- Create artwork that will glow under blacklights.
- Use LED lights in a drawing or sculpture.
- Make a faux stained-glass light-catcher.
- Learn how to shade an object and how to draw an object to appear as if it is glowing or lit up.
WEEK 6: CREATIVITY CAMP
JULY 25 – JULY 29
An action-packed week awaits as we learn the secrets to creating amazing comics and designing dynamic characters. All will be revealed as campers:
- Make an exciting mini comic book.
- Learn the basics of character design and how to exaggerate a character’s features and body language to communicate emotions and frame of mind.
- Draw a superhero alter-ego and fabricate a superhero costume item or accessory.
WEEK 7: CREATIVITY CAMP
August 1 – August 5
Lights, camera, action! Who hasn’t marveled at the characters, costumes, props, and set designs found in movies?! This week will truly be an award-winning production as we:
- Work together to create a stop-motion movie.
- Make art projects inspired by a variety of movies and movie characters.
- Develop an elaborate set-design concept for a favorite movie.
WEEK 8: CREATIVITY CAMP
August 8 – August 12
If you love to draw, sculpt and think outside the box, then you may be a designer at heart! Get ready to explore a variety of different design fields as we tackle a number of challenging 2-D and 3-D projects. Campers will:
- Invent a new product and sculpt a prototype of it.
- Create a vibrant textile design using printmaking techniques.
- Make a poster advertising an event or favorite product. Give consideration to typography, color, audience, and more!
WEEK 9: CREATIVITY CAMP
August 15 – August 19
Add a little flavor to your artwork! Whether it’s still life paintings, pop art prints, or giant Claes Oldenburg sculptures, food has always been one of the most popular subjects in art. Campers will:
- Make a larger-than-life sculpture of a piece of food.
- Use food as inspiration for a colorful painting or print.
- Design and draw a kawaii character that resembles a favorite food.
WEEK 10: Oceans of Fun
August 22 – August 26
So many fish in the sea and so much art to be made! Climb aboard as we set sail and explore the depths of our creativity. Discover the amazing creatures that lurk just below the surface. Campers will:
- Draw and sculpt a series of exotic fish, crustaceans, sea monsters, and more.
- Illustrate a detailed map of a secret island.
- Collaborate to create an exciting, dynamic coral reef scene.