ARTNext Campaign Director
Responsible to: President/CEO
Job Summary: The Ann Arbor Art Center expanding into an adjoining historic building in downtown Ann Arbor, responding to the growth seen in recent years, and the need to accommodate the increasing demand for art classes, workshops, and special events. As a result, we are expanding our staff to include a Campaign Director who will assume a key leadership role in the management and coordination of The Art Center’s $4.0M capital campaign. This position will report to the President/CEO and will work closely with the Development Manager and other staff on the administration of the campaign.
Job Status: Full Time Exempt
- Work closely with the President/CEO and Campaign Chair to develop and implement effective strategies to ensure the authentic and meaningful involvement of volunteers in the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of prospects and donors.
- Facilitate solicitations for the President/CEO and Campaign Committee, including conducting research and gift history analysis on new and existing donor prospects. Work closely with the President/CEO, Campaign Chair and appropriate solicitation team members to create solicitation strategies for donor prospects. Make contact with current and prospective donors and participate in solicitations as appropriate.
- Work closely with individual members of the Campaign Committee in completing their action steps for individual prospect portfolios.
- Prepare personalized proposals for prospects and write cultivation and solicitation correspondence.
- Help design and oversee a comprehensive donor recognition program for all campaign contributions.
- Develop a comprehensive list of cultivation opportunities and ensure meaningful and coordinated involvement of Campaign Committee members in these opportunities.
- In consultation with the President/CEO and Campaign Chair, provide support for the Campaign Committee, including but not limited to: timely reports, creation of meeting agendas, compilation of support materials and accurate committee meeting notes, action items and follow-up steps.
- With administrative support, develop and maintain accurate prospect tracking documents including all strategic notes, action items, ask amounts and solicitation team.
- Ensure that campaign donors receive timely and accurate reports on the use of their gifts and campaign progress.
- Design and ensure proper implementation of the campaign’s “public phase” which would include solicitation strategies, special events, and communication.
- Provide leadership concerning campaign events, announcements, and celebrations.
- Assume responsibility for monitoring and preparing all reports due to funders in a timely and accurate way.
- In collaboration with the Development Manager and other staff, ensure benefit fulfillment and meaningful stewardship of campaign donors throughout the campaign and beyond.
- Following the campaign’s successful completion, an opportunity exists to oversee the transition to an effective, ongoing major gifts program.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum five-seven years of fundraising in not-for-profit settings with specific Capital Campaign experience
- Proven experience and passion for securing major gifts and grants
- Demonstrated experience in managing development programs
- Ability to exercise a high degree of judgment and diplomacy
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to earn the respect of colleagues and donors
- Solid, persuasive verbal communication skills, including the ability to deliver succinct and compelling presentations and conduct productive meetings
- Excellent written communication skills, including donor communications and grant preparation
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with others
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Strong prioritization and decision-making skills
- Strong process and project management skills
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
- Master’s degree in relevant field
- Certification or degree program in fundraising
- Experience working with volunteers and a volunteer Board
- Experience in an arts environment
Qualified candidates should send their resume and cover letter to Marie Klopf at email@example.com.