The Gallery Director will represent the Art Center as a member of the Senior Leadership Team, reporting directly to the CEO. The successful candidate will, at all times, exemplify a high degree of presence, professionalism, integrity, and grace.
• Lead the development, communication and implementation of the vision and artistic policy of the AAAC gallery programs ensuring high-quality programming and presentation of art inside our facility and throughout the community.
• Manage and cultivate gallery staff and financial resources deployed in support of art presentation.
• Build the reputation of the Art Center as an art presenter, facilitator, installer, and authority, creating high levels of interest among the art community and the public.
• Collaborate with the Art Center team to create outreach opportunities with individuals and organizations throughout the region.
• Cultivate and maintain positive relationships with donors, artists, patrons, local government, businesses, and Art Center Staff.
• Participate in the annual budgeting process and manage the resulting budget to ensure that the gallery remains profitable – provide regular reports on operations, plans, and
finances as required by CEO and trustees.
• Collaborate with the Art Center team to Identify and cultivate funding opportunities to support Gallery operations and public art initiatives.
• An understanding and appreciation of art, combined with the business and marketing skills to manage a team and run a successful galleries program
• A bachelor’s or master’s degree in an arts-related topic, such as art management or history of art
• Demonstrated experience in art sales – ideally from working in a gallery environment
• Ability to build relationships with artists and art critics, keep up to date with trends, and present work that will attract visitors and buyers
• Strong verbal and written communication acumen
• Excellent customer service skills and experience
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org – Attn: Marie Klopf, President/CEO
Applications accepted through Sunday, February 24, 2019