Seasonal Gallery Assistant
Department: 117 Gallery Shop
Reports to: Gallery Coordinator
SEASONAL GALLERY ASSISTANT
Temporary, Part-Time, 10-20 hours per week
- Provides outstanding customer service in all interactions with artists, patrons, students, and supporters of the Ann Arbor Art Center.
- Shares information about the Art Center and promotes upcoming exhibitions, programs, and events with visitors.
- Assists shoppers with artwork selections by providing details about artists and their processes.
- Maintains visual displays and cleanliness of the inventory and the front and back entrances.
- Supports Art Center staff with installing exhibitions and the planning and execution of special events.
- Must be available for the following dates: November 27, 29, December 24(half day), 27, 28.
Previous retail experience
Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
Passionate about art and its meaning to the community
Knowledgeable about various artistic mediums
The Ann Arbor Art Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
*Must be able to perform general physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs and moving whole body such as lifting, walking, stooping, climbing a ladder and handling of materials that weigh between 25-50lbs.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email a cover letter and resume to Alison Franco at email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Only candidates who are under consideration will be contacted.