Established in 1922, the Annual All Media Exhibition at the Ann Arbor Art Center has a long and rich history. Submissions are accepted in any media, and this year, the juried competition is open to all artists, regardless of residency.
This year’s juror is Marianetta Porter, professor of art at University of Michigan School of Art and Design. Porter is the recipient of numerous awards, including the Smithsonian Senior Research Fellowship Award, the Smithsonian Laureate Award, an AT&T Network Grant, and the Atlanta Life National Arts Competition Award. Her work has been exhibited nationwide at venues that include the Indianapolis Museum of Art, the Chicago Museum of Science and Industry, the Spoleto Festival, the Harriet Tubman Museum, and the Hampton University Museum of Art.
Artists may submit a maximum of three entries in any media created within the last two years. Works submitted must not have been previously shown in any competition at the Ann Arbor Art Center.
- Entries Submission Deadline: Monday, September 15
- Jury Results E-Mailed: Wednesday, September 24
- Accepted Works Drop-off Deadline: Saturday, October 11
- Exhibition Opening: Friday, October 17, 6-8 PM
- Exhibition Closes: Sunday, November 16
- Pick-up Work: Monday, Nov. 17 - 12pm-5pm & Tuesday, Nov. 18, 10am-7pm
- Best of Show: Victoria Goro-Rapoport, Winter Entanglements
- Second Place: Heidi Jensen, Confection #4
- Third Place: Julie Cohen, Headphones
- Michigan Award: Kelly Reyna, I Won't
- Cultural Commentary (Juror’s) Award: Glenn Williams, Vayu
- Honorable Mention: Joel O'Dorisio, Rock
- Honorable Mention: Janet Hamrick, Reveal
Awards generously provided by Al & Karen Gallup and The Gallery Project